Eastland-Fairfield will be accepting applications using our online application system beginning Dec. 3, 2020 at 6 p.m. The application will be available exclusively on our website through the start of the 2021-2022 school year.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible, as there are limited spots available per program. A parent/guardian must be present to complete the application.6
Eastland-Fairfield has more than 30 programs to choose from at both the Eastland Career Center and Fairfield Career Center campuses, as well at satellite locations in our associate school districts at Gahanna Lincoln High School, Groveport Madison High School, New Albany High School, Reynoldsburg High School, and Pickerington North High School.
Students in 11th and 12th grade in our 16 associate school districts or who reside within the communities served by our 16 associate schools (private school, home schooled, etc.) are eligible to attend and are encouraged to apply in 10th grade.
Students who are eligible to attend an Eastland-Fairfield participating school, and who meet admission requirements, will have first priority in all programs. Students admitted through open enrollment, who meet admission requirements, will have second priority. The following are admissions requirements for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Must complete the online application. A parent/guardian must complete and submit the online applications;
- Full junior status, or the equivalent, or the age of 16 by the first week of October of the anticipated enrollment year;
- Must meet any requirements of the particular program in which the student wishes to enroll:
- Must have earned four (4) credits required for graduation, or the equivalent, by the first week of October 2020;
- Applicants with sophomore status are assigned the highest priority in the selection process;
- Competitive GPA from grades 9 and 10;
- Competitive attendance record in excess of 90%;
- Limited discipline history.
- Special application requirements for the following programs:
- Graphic Design: An artwork portfolio is required
- Performing Arts: An audition is required
- Teaching Professions: A 300 word essay is required
Students are encouraged to apply as soon as you choose a program. There is no application fee. The application timeline is below:
- Round 1- deadline February 5, 2021 (status letters mailed in mid-late March)
- Round 2- deadline March 5, 2021 (status letters mailed mid April)
- Round 3- On-going through the summer as space permits (status letters mailed in the first part of May and monthly)
*See your counselor for your high school’s specific deadline dates or more information.
At the end of each round of application, students will be notified by the associate school counselor and by mail whether you have been accepted or wait-listed into a career center program. The Admissions Review Team continues to review applications and the wait-list in a timely manner throughout the process.
Applicants who are not selected for their first program choice are considered for their second choice. Applicants who are not selected for either their first or second choice are placed on a waiting list and considered for acceptance into requested programs as space becomes available.